In my 12 Confidence Boosters eBook I share proven ways to build and improve your confidence. One way to do this is to show confidence with your body language.
Experts agree that most people are attuned to body language. Your body language can speak more loudly than your words. Using confident body language increases your effectiveness with others and brings you greater confidence as well.
Put your confidence on display with your body language:
1. Stand up straight. Your posture will speak to people before you ever say a word! Confident people stand and walk straight and tall, people who lack confidence shrink down.
2. Be relaxed and open. Keep your muscles relaxed. Unless you're in the military standing at attention, tense muscles, exhibit tension, fear, or insecurity to others. Open body language shows self-confidence and trust.
3. Walk quickly. Busy, successful people, walk with a quicker stride. They have places to go, things to do, and people to see. That's the perception anyway. When your pace is quick but not rushed, you join the ranks of these accomplished people, others will look at you as if you must be successful, too.
4. Hold your head up. Even when you are tired, show your confidence by holding your head up high. Insecure people look down often. Many people look down when they are in deep thought
or concentration. This can work against your confident image.
5. Look into their eyes. When you make eye contact, you're projecting honesty, sincerity, and self-assurance. Avoiding eye contact makes people think that you have something to hide or
that you're unsure of yourself.
6. Smile. Smiles are contagious. They make everyone feel good. When someone smiles at you how do you feel? Giving someone a confident smile will not only make them feel better but you as well. Studies show that smiling can stimulate pleasant emotions, including confidence.
There are many ways to build up your self-confidence. Whatever you choose, allow self-confidence to overflow in you because you have a clear understanding of who you are. You are artwork designed by the hand of your Heavenly Creator. You have a purpose that is being fulfilled at this very moment!