I am excited about this 2016 and want to encourage you to start 2016 with hope, love, wisdom and also with expectancy, a positive attitude and motivation! You have a whole year of wonderful opportunities ahead of you, are you ready? Have you set goals?
A goal is like a compass. It helps you focus on where you want to go in life and make positive progress to get there. However, it's important to remember that you need clarity in your goals from time to time. You'll want to make it as easy as possible for you to reach them.
It may take some more time on your part, but writing out detailed instructions for yourself instead of vague ideas, gives you a much better chance at success. Not only do you know exactly what you need to do, but detailed plans tend to invigorate you with more enthusiasm.
Follow these tips in order to clarify your goals:
1. Figure out your ultimate goal. What, exactly, do you want? What are you passionate about? What stays on your mind?
* Instead of a goal like "I want to be successful," get down to specifics, such as "I want to own my own business which brings in at least $10,000 per month."
2. Don't be afraid of detail. You make the ultimate decision on what you want. Avoid goals like "I want to be rich" because there is no detail. Ask yourself:
* How much money do I want to make?
* Why? What will this money provide?
* What lifestyle do I want? Cars, homes, travel the world, philanthropy?
* How do I want to earn this money?
* When do I want this to happen?
* How can I prepare for this?
3. Break up your goals. When you stare at the ultimate goal, it may seem intimidating and unattainable. It's important to break up your main goal into smaller goals. Write out detailed plans about how you'll reach each of the smaller goals.
* For example, if you want to start your own business, a small goal would be to research your local and federal business laws and register a name.
4. Give yourself deadlines. It's vital to give yourself deadlines so you know you're making progress towards your goals. Each of your small goals should have an attainable deadline.
* In the business example above, maybe you'd give yourself a week's time in order to research different business structures and laws.
5. Keep track. Make detailed notes about what you have done so far. Keeping track of your progress will help you stay organized and on top of your goals.
6. Make alternate plans. Sometimes you won't be able to make the deadline you have set, or maybe you'll be unable to follow through with a current plan entirely. After you have set your goals in detail, go over them and think of
alternatives. Careful! Don’t just automatically settle for the alternatives but in case certain situations don't work out in your favor. If you already have back up plans in place, you'll save time if you run into snags on the way to your goals.
7. Get Organized. Organization can mean keeping all of your detailed plans and journals in a binder with tabs, you may have goal boards or mind maps with detailed notes. Alternatively, you may opt to keep your materials organized with project management software on your computer.
No matter what method you've chosen, determine the details, set small attainable goals that lead toward your ultimate goals, be flexible so you can conquer challenges, and keep track of your progress. Doing these things will bring you ultimate clarity and success in 2016.
Happy New Year!